7 Proven Ways to Drive Traffic to a New Website
Since last two decades, the nature of business has drastically changed as we can see that most of the businesses prefer online industry over the old traditional way of business.
Businesses now keep a budget not only for the development of their business’s website but also for its advertisement and social media promotion. After the development of the website, it’s really important to drive traffic to it. After a deep research, we have compiled the seven proven ways to drive real traffic to your website and grow your business like a champion.
1. Responsive and User-friendly website
To increase traffic and get loyal users, it is significant to keep your website up-to-date and equipped with modern features. The website should be responsive that may help users view it easily on all types of devices. To gain the search engine and the customer’s trust, your website must have the following ingredients:
● Loading time – It takes only a couple of seconds for the viewer to switch to another website. So, the website loading speed should not be more than a few seconds.
● Google Analytics Tracking – You must add a Google Analytics tracking code to track and analyze your traffic.
● On-page SEO – To improve website rankings on the search engines, on-page SEO is must.
2. Write Quality Content
Write original and unique content, the main ingredient of your website, that helps you rise on the search engines. Write informative material for users, not the search engines. Given below is the checklist for your content.
● Keep it to the point
● Add examples and outbound links
● 100% original content
● No duplications
● Avoid content spinners
● Explain with headings, sub-headings, and bullets
● Add statistics and figures where needed
● Add a table of content to the long articles
3. Answer the Relevant questions on online Forums
In the initial stages, forums can help you drive tons of traffic to your website. The forum is a platform where users ask questions and look for their answers. Certain forums such as Quora have huge viewership. So, if you answer the relevant questions and direct it to your website by adding a link, people won’t hesitate to visit your website.
You have to play smart while finding a question to answer. The best practice is to find a question that has over 1000 views and add a detailed answer. Answering a question that already has 1 to 5 answers may be beneficial.
4. Guest Blogging
Writing blogs posts as a guest, on other quality blogs, can drive ultimate traffic to your website. Try to dig deep in Google to find the blogs related to your niche and contact them, if there is any possibility for a guest post.
There are tons of articles on the internet where with hundreds of listed blogs that offer, free and paid, guest blogging on their sites. To get a productive response, follow the steps:
● Search for a relevant blog
● Contact the owner asking for a guest post in a polite and effective way, stating how your post can be beneficial for his website.
● Write a fruitful and informative post, and follow their guidelines, if any.
● Add one or two links to your website or a specific page on your website.
If the said blog has high authority, it will help you to get higher ranking on the search engines.
5. Social Media Appearance
Remember, social media is among the most powerful media platforms nowadays. Facebook alone has more than 2 billion monthly active users. You can use several social media platforms to create engagement and loyal fan following.
● Create engaging posts
● Ask questions
● Offer promotions and giveaways
● Run polls
● Run paid ads on a targeted audience
● Go live
● Answer the questions asked on your social media pages
● Create informative videos about your business or products
6. Google AdWords and Facebook Paid Advertising
Google Ad Words is one of the biggest markets for advertisers that can give you instant exposure in your target market. Facebook paid ads are also among the effective ways to reach your target audience. While starting a new business, it is recommended to keep a budget for paid advertising campaigns. You can target audience based on interests, demographics, gender, age, and other aspects.
7. Polls, Giveaways, and Contests
You can do several things to create engagement. Some of them are:
● Ask relevant and interesting questions (On social media)
● Run polls (It can be done on your website as well as social media platforms)
● Announce giveaways on different milestones
● Offer exciting gifts
● Offer customized giveaways to the selected users
There are tons of other ways to create engagement and drive traffic, but you need to do some brainstorming as per your business needs.
Experts say, there are hundreds of aspects considered by the search engines to rank your websites. So, never take your online business easy, and play smart to get the desired results. A little of focused research will give you hundreds of other ideas to drive instant traffic to your website. Also, try to study web hosting, and generate the idea on how it can affect your website SEO.
Pauline Jacobs is a blogger, a content writer and a freelance researcher. She has interests in contemporary sociology, cutting-edge technology, and journals on the algorithmic rise of computing. She is a current contributor to Your Last Host blogs and contents.